Firebar® Radiant Tubes
In 1974 National Element Inc. developed an element which converts fuel-fired furnaces to electric. Because the conversion involves inserting a round heating element into the old radiant tube without any other alterations to the furnace, it requires no transformer.
The electrical path of the Firebar® radiates outward from the central core providing effective heat for the full length of the radiant tube. The Firebar® design concept allows replacement of individual conductors without replacing the complete unit. 80Ni-20Cr heavy round rod conductors make Firebar® compatible for many different applications that need specialty alloys. Each circuit contains a thermocouple for control start up. Stock shipments include operating instructions, terminals, insulation, all internal connections, and, if necessary, a base plate for vertical operation.
*U.S. Patent No. 4,016,403, plus Six (6) foreign countries.
- Requires no transformer
- Engineered and manufactured to your specifications
- Designed to reduce oxidation and corrosion
- Easy replacement of individual conductors
- Includes support structure, heating element and terminal connection rods
- Process temperatures to 1850°F
- Capable of liberating 85 BTUs of energy per square inch of pipe surface
- Conductors made of 80Ni-20Cr heavy round rod
- Horizontal or Vertical Installations
- Lengths from 18” to 10’
- Six sizes of heavy round rod in two rows (for most kilowatt requirements)
- Standard diameters: 2-3/4”, 3-1/4”, 3-5/8”, 4-1/4”, 4-7/8”, 5-1/4”, 6”, 6-3/8”, 6-1/8”, 7-3/4”
- Typical Atmosphere Applications: Air, Inert, Strongly Reducing
- Carburizing furnaces
- Draw Furnaces
- Roller Hearth Furnaces
- Rotary Hearth Furnaces
- Fluidized Bed
- Steel Strip Annealer
Call us Now
NEI Specialists on hand who know the in's and out's of tolerance, capability and utility. Go ahead and test us on your toughest requirements. We thrive on making, altering and customizing anything to make it work harder, heat faster or last longer.