Industrial Rod Heating Elements
Rod elements are widely used in industry for convection heating, conduction heating and radiation heating. They can vary considerably in shape and size and are used extensively in Lindberg and Old Sauder type furnace apparatus. Heating rods are versatile because they can be bent into any shape and operate at high temperatures. National Element Inc. uses NIKChrome® alloys and Iron-Chrome-Aluminum Alloys and pure molybdenum in manufacturing electrical rod elements.
Rod heating element sets are typically mounted on sidewalls, floor, door and back wall. Most elements are kinked to raise it off of any insulation. Floor elements are often suspended on piers to allow for debris to collect underneath the elements. NEI carries a full compliment of terminals for rod elements and machine to accommodate electrical terminal clamps.
- Custom formed, twisted, coiled, welded, brazed and machined components
- Durable with prolonged life
- Extensive line of Elements, Hangers, Connectors and Terminals
- Molybdenum Elements of all sizes and types
- Rod sizes begin at 6 GA. (.162 dia.) and usually do not exceed 1/2″ diameter.
- NIKChrome® alloys for use up to 1250°C/2280°F
- Kanthal® alloys for use up to 1440°C/2550°F
- Molybdenum for use up to 1900°C/3452°F or 100 watts per square inch of surface area
- Duct heaters (air conditioning)
- Hot-air systems
- Convection ovens
- Drying sheds
- Shrink tunnels
- Roasting & smoking (food)
- Curing of paint, ink or varnishes
- Sealing bars
- Tools and dies
Call us Now
NEI Specialists know the in's and out's of tolerance, capability and utility. Test us on your toughest requirements. We thrive on making, altering and customizing anything to make it work harder, heat faster or last longer.